Re: [tlug] USB devices behaving randomly

Dave Gutteridge wrote:

> I also have an SD card reader connected by USB.

Me too.

> Sometimes when inserting a card in, it does not come up on my desktop.

I have a consistent non-random problem with mounting SD media in
my USB reader. The first mount after a boot always works.
For subsequent mounts, I have to mount twice, as the first
mount always fails. This is all command line stuff.
I've never even looked at the desktop.