Re: [tlug] Linspire... (OT question/request)

Micheal E Cooper wrote:

>About two weeks from now, I will return to the US for the first time in 9
>years, and I am considering getting him a PC and an internet connection.

This is absolutely OT, but the last time I went back to the US was ten
years ago, and at the time, it was the first time I'd been back in nine
years. I'm quite interested in the Rip Van Winkle effect. I think it all
depends on where you go, but in 1996 San Francisco, I went there
expecting to find it different and myself the same, but the things there
that I sought out were exactly as I remembered them... I, on the other
hand, was completely different. Coming face to face with how radically I
had changed was the shock - not finding changes in the city....

So - either on or off list, I hope you can report back on how it is
going back - whether you, or the places you visit end up being Rip Van
Winkle!

Lyle