Re: [tlug] zaurus: wi-fi and keyboard

    Alain> On Jan 5, 2006, at 5:38 PM, bruno raoult wrote:

    >> Micheal E Cooper wrote:
    >>> Does anyone have recommendations for wireless adapters for the
    >>> Z?  I know that previous messages mentioned the Planex compact
    >>> flash, but user comments on kakaku.com mentioned that it has
    >>> to be pulled out and pushed back in when the Z is power
    >>> cycled. Now, I am not sure if that only applies to older Z and
    >>> not the SL-C3000.
    >> I bought a Netgear (MA701) one in France some time ago
    >> (802.11b). I had no issue with it.

    Alain> 	Are there any adapters that support 802.11g and WPA
    Alain> for the Zaurus?  I've been looking for awhile but they've
    Alain> been mostly 802.11b.  Actually the more important part is

There is a Linksys cf card that has 802.11g support and it works with
Linux. Agere provides drivers, but we had to work a little so that the
drivers would work with our notebooks.
My brother started to adapt it to his gumstix, but isn't done
yet. Zaurus may be difficult because the drivers are for 2.6er kernels.

Our version can be found at
http://www.metzlerbros.org/wifi/wl.tar.bz2

The driver is not very stable at loses connection once in a while.

    Alain> WPA since I'm not willing to turn off WPA on my network
    Alain> just to put a little Zaurus on the wireless LAN.

No WPA support for the Linksys, but WEP works.
Doesn't the router support WPA and WEP at the same time? My Asus does.
Of course you would have to open WEP.

Marcus

ps: I am ccing the mail to Alain, because I had difficulties with my
postings to TLUG last time.
| mocm@example.com            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes                 <<<|