Re: [tlug] Zaurus & Graffiti?

> Do you know (with Sharp Rom) if it is possible to use graffiti-style
> (Palm) input? I could find information for other OS version, but not for
> the Sharp one :-(

The Zaurus has a handwriting recognition engine but it doesn't recognize
Palm-style graffiti (which, until recently, seems to have been mired in
its own patent problems). Anyhow, I just now tried some of the obscure
graffiti strokes on my SL-C3100 and many of them get rocognized as kana
characters, even in ei-bun mode. There is also no setting on the default
ROM (that I know of) to control the character style.

From what little real-life experience I have entering English into the Z
(and no experience entering graffiti into a Plam), my feeling is that the
recognition of romaji is fair but far short of exciting. The recognition
of kanji, however, is outstanding (IMHO). Several years back, before I
bought my last Z, I went around trying to enter various kanji into other
PDAs and their speed/accuracy performance was dismal compared to Sharp.

Then again, Sharp has been doing kanji touch-screen recognition since...
what... the early 1990's?

--
Joe Larabell -- Synopsys VCS Support      US: larabell@example.com
http://wwwin.synopsys.com/~larabell/   Japan: larabell@?jp