Re: [tlug] zaurus: wi-fi and keyboard

Edward wrote:
> Why would you want to connect a full size keyboard?  If you are carrying
> it around then the built in keyboard is quite sufficient, and if you are
> at a desktop then remote login with ssh or tinyvnc is easier.

I move around quite a lot, and I like to keep track of what I am doing
with text files.

An example would be a meeting with accounting about resource management in a
 PC-less conference room. I cannot keep up with the conversation while using
 the Z keyboard. It just isn't sufficient. However, I don't want to lug down
 a notebook computer, either. Zaurus + keyboard (+ external mouse?) would be
 all the notebook PC I would need for most of my 打ち合わせ.

A better example is calling a vendor or IT support for hardware. I do not
have a long-distance line in my office, so I have been bringing my Vaio
notebook down to the office, but it is heavy, large, and most importantly,
it is my personal machine. I would like to leave it at home. With the
Z+keyboard, I could do this much more easily.

Keeping detailed notes of to whom you spoke when, etc. saved us approx
2,600 dollars of M$ license fees this year.