Re: [tlug] [Not Off-Topic] Happy New Year!

On 1/1/06, bruno raoult <bruno@example.com> wrote:
> PS. Just to pretend not to be off-topic: On My Suse (10), I just switch
> the input method (scim) with a key on every app. Except Mozilla (Firefox
> and Thunderbird) ones... Any clue on how to input japanese on these? I
> never use it (today was my first email with kana - I just copy-pasted
> from a terminal to get them), but it could be useful...
> And *yes. I know*, I should read the archives first, but my brain is not
> ready yet ;) Need a couple of days to recover.

If you install Japanese as a second language on SuSE 10, then
everything seems to work.  In the installs I've done that way with
SuSE 10, there has been Japanese input ability everywhere I've tried,
including Firefox and Mozilla.

The thing that is a recurring problem for me is mouse support with
some machines.  At first I had thought it was due to either it being
an upgrade install or due to running through a KVM switch, but on one
computer with a new install and with direct connections to the
monitor, keyboard and mouse, the originally installed and functioning
USB mouse support was suddenly gone with one boot, but at least going
to a PS/2 mouse worked.  What in the world is the deal with erratic
mouse support with SuSE 10?

Lyle