Re: [tlug] CentOS and Japanese-Revisited-2nd Attempt

Josh Glover wrote:

>Well, first we have to figure out *what* worked. Tell me which of
>these allow you to input Japanese:
>
>1.
>kinput2 -canna &
>XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 LANGUAGE=en_US LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.eucJP thunderbird

yes, with only as is above...if I remove LANGUAGE=en_US and
LC_TYPE=ja_JP.eucJP, as in number 3, Japanese input ability
disappears...so, we can easily say, -xim plays no part.

>2.
>kinput2 -canna -xim &
>thunderbird

no

>3.
>kinput2 -canna -xim &
>XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 thunderbird

no

>>Plus, how can I make it auto(dumb question-ducks and runs to put code into small script)?
>>

>Put it into your .xinitrc, .xprofile, or a startup script for your
>window manager / desktop environment.

yes, hence my ducking and running, for asking a dumb question. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.