Re: [tlug] Some advices for Zaurus

"bruno raoult" <bruno@example.com> wrote:
> I use this on my Zaurus, too, but it is far, far away from what is
> available on Palm (Datebook5 is really a killing app, as you probably
> know).
> In fact, My Sony Clie is still there in front of me while I write this
> email, and I often look at it, remembering with nostalgy as a *very
> useful* is was... My zaurus is mainly, sorry, a game: Spending time
> installing things that I will never use, spending minutes just to get a
> "beep" signaling me meetings, changing all of them every 6 months due to
> DST in Europe, etc...)
> Zaurus is not ready for PIM. It is not a working tool, unfortunately :-(

You seem to have a collection and enough experience to evaluate several
PIM systems. I wish I could have had a more comprehensive evaluation from
you before buying. I cannot afford toys.

About the beeping, though, it does the wake-up alarm (even with KDE PIM)
right out of the box, and it has DST setting in the global settings area.