Re: [tlug] [tlug-digest] Anyone using Mozilla to print Japanese? Fonts are there, just not in printing via Mozilla etc.

On 30/12/05, David Riggs <dariggs@example.com> wrote:

> OK, Josh, is that the proper non-top posting format?

Better, but you probably want to configure your mailer to insert a
quote character (i.e. like the ">" you can see when I quoted you).

> (sorry to mispell your name Maurod.)

You did it again, but this time it is my fault! :)

Mauro Sauco is his actual name, but thanks to a misunderstanding at
work, his name shows up as "Maurod" in his emails. :)

> And everythings prints fine as html in Konqueror. But in ALL other apps
> printing kanji are messed up in many different ways.

Did you see this thread?

http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0511/msg00204.html

If the solutions detailed there do not work, Mauro and I came up with
another solution at work that might work for you, provided you can
switch from Mozilla to Firefox (or maybe Mozilla supports about:config
and userprefs.js as well--does anyone know?).

It basically involves setting your Postscript print encoding
(print.postscript.nativefont.ja) to EUC, IIRC. Mauro, do you remember?

-Josh