[tlug] CentOS and Japanese-Revisited-2nd Attempt

Hi All,

1stly, I hope I'm not breaking a rule, by starting a fresh thread. If
so, sorry, and won't do it again(I hope). I have just installed anthy,
scim, and scim-anthy, this time, using --prefix=/usr/local, as to /usr
only, with the 1st attempt, and have had some limited success. I can now
get the pop up widget, but, I get no hiragana displayed when typing in
romaji(my widget looks different than the one you displayed on your site
for me, Scott). I am closer than what I was last time, but, seems
something is still amiss. Below is what I have found,

[root@example.com ~]# locale -a | grep ja_JP
ja_JP
ja_JP.eucjp
ja_JP.ujis
ja_JP.utf8

and what I installed in ~/.bash_profile

export XMODIFIERS='@example.com=SCIM'
export GT_IM_MODULE='scim'
export QT_IM_MODULE='scim'
export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.utf8
scim -d

which reflects the former.

Below are the apps I installed,

anthy-7227
scim-1.4.3
kochi-substitute-20030809
scim-anthy-0.8.0

I noticed, that when starting a gnome-terminal, I don't get the terminal
displaying in the desired font. On the work machine(1st install
attempt), I got the correct font, but, no widget pop up. I placed the
fonts here,

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF

as suggested.

I do get the following, though, when starting up gnome-terminal for the
1st time,

Smart Common Input Method 1.4.3

Launching a SCIM daemon with Socket FrontEnd...
Creating backend ...
Starting SCIM as daemon ...
Launching a SCIM process with x11...
Creating backend ...
GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.3

Starting SCIM as daemon ...
SCIM has been successfully launched.

I'm stepping out now, so, won't see any replies till this evening. Thanx
in advance, though. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.