Re: [tlug] Some advices for Zaurus

Edward Middleton wrote:

> From what I have seen of it so far pdaXrom is the best ROM I have
> used.  It has every package you could want and runs like a Linux box.

This makes for an excellent New Year's resolution: getting my neglected
C700 put to good use again. Sometime around September I had already
embarked on that mission, but eventually didn't have time to do much. I
was planning to use the CackoROM variant because it advertises a
Japanese kernel, whatever that means, but it sounded like I'd be able
to keep the original Sharp environment. Which, as far as the
handwriting recognition engine is concerned, would be imperative for
me. Other than that, I'd need wpa_supplicant complete with a
suitable CF-sized WLAN card, KDE PIM/Pi[1] - and a rechargeable battery
that doesn't die after twenty minutes (which the current one does
whenever I have the Wifi switched on). Does any of this sound doable to
you?

And stretching both my abilities and the likelihood of following
through on said type of year end resolutions: how about starting a
Gentoo/Zaurus project, as a replacement for the one Opensistemas[2] is
not doing?

Cheers
Ulrich Plate
[1] http://www.pi-sync.net