Re: [tlug] In-Reply-To CFWS

Godwin Stewart wrote:

> ... Jim ... wrote:
>
> > Godwin Stewart wrote:
> >
> > > [Stephen J. Turnbull's email] In-Reply-To: header is of the form:

> > >   message of "whenever")
> >
> > I didn't see any messages from Stephen J. Turnbull like the above.
>
> http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0512/msg00587.html
>
> Although you don't see the full source in the archives.
>
> This is the In-Reply-To: header of that message:

>  Stewart's message of "Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:04:16 +0100")

Thanks, that's what I was missing (notwithstanding your
misunderstanding of CFWS). I didn't have the CFWS in the
In-Reply-To line in email from the list.

> > Did a private reply from Turnbull to Stewart have the CFWS,
> > but the list processed reply not have the CFWS?

Perhaps Stephen J. Turnbull replied both privately to Godwin Stewart and
publicly to the list, so that you saw the CFWS unmolested by the list,
but everyone else saw only the reply that went through the list
and had the CFWS stripped out. I would expect that Godwin Stewart
actually got two replies from Stephen J. Turnbull. Perhaps Gmail
seeming duplicates.