Re: [tlug] Some advices for Zaurus

What about getting Sharp apps to work on a different ROM?  It would seem to be a waste to throw away the dictionary app...

On 12/27/05, Edward Middleton <edward@example.com> wrote:
Zuco Pietro wrote:
> I will use it as a normal PDA, because I need it, but I want it to
> program too, specially Perl. I just want something without any
> relationship with M$ and that can be happily hacked with some
> dedicated Linux distributions.

You can do most of that with just the standard ROM.  If you want to run
standard applications you would be better to use a different ROM.  The
standard ROM isn't really supported like a Linux distribution.
> What do you meand when you said:
>
>> 2. Tons of free software available but it seems a headache to try to figure
>> out what runs with which version of Zaurus ROM.

Getting pre-compiled application to work with the sharp ROM can be
difficult.

Edward

--
The TLUG server is hosted by Open Source Development Lab Japan.
<http://www.osdl.jp/>