[tlug] NIC Non-Detection on Smoothie Box

Hi All,

I have a NIC, that works fine on my main Linux box, but, isn't being
detected by my smoothie box. It states that I can manually try to
configure, by inputting some info(does that mean mac address etc?). I
know that "ifconfig -a" shows the mac address and IP etc, but, what
command is used to get the info of a NIC, in Linux.? I've put the NIC
back into the box that detects it, and now wish to get the info, and
then see if I can get it to run in the smoothie box. Sorry, hardware is
my weakness, that I'm trying hard to improve. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.