Re: [tlug] UNformatting a drive

On 22/12/05, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>
> > How many kilometers would it take to grind your basic 3.5" drive?
> > What's the data density laid on the road?
>
> I'm having a tough time deciding what vehicle is the best for this
> task. I've narrowed it down to a Trabant and a Tonka Truck.

Simple:

dr = t * k / s * G

where:

dr is the data density laid on the road
t is the horsepower equivalent of one Trabant (roughly 1.27e10-7)
k is the number of kilometres dragged
s is the sensitivity ration of the data (i.e. 1.0 is *extremely* sensitive*)
G is the gravitational constant [1]

HTH,
Josh

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_constant