Re: [tlug] Do You Skype.?

On Dec 21, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Mark Sargent wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> how many of you in here use Skype, especially for communicating with
> friends/relatives overseas etc; how is the quality.? Do any of you use
> SkypeOut.? Curious about it, minus the hype. Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

I use it along with their "Skype out" service.  Quality is excellent,
actually better than a normal phone if you are talking with another
Skype user and certainly no worse when calling out to a normal phone
user.

I started using it after a particularly expensive month of calls via
kdd when I had to update my billing addresses with various credit cards
and the like.  I put 10 euros into my "Skype Out" account and am still
working through it despite making regular use of it calling the
mainland United States, Hawaii and Europe.

It's worth giving it a try if for no other reason than the initial
entry cost is probably no worse than a single long distance call
through any other service.

								Cheers,
								Bruce