Re: [tlug] Do You Skype.?

On 21/12/05, Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> wrote:

> thanx, Josh. Do you also use a USB phone with it.? You say it's better
> than the PC to PC, but, how is the PC to PC quality.? When I tried PC to
> PC voice, a long time agao, got a lot of delay with it. Not so with
> Skype.? Cheers.

No delay. Skype, in both PC-to-PC and SkypeOut modes, is
indistinguishable in quality to a domestic phone call. *Better* than
most international calls.

The reason that I say that SkypeOut is better quality than Skype
PC-to-PC is that sometimes, when talking to my brother-in-law in
Bulgaria, we get nasty feedback. This is probably just a
mis-configuration on his end, but this just illustrates how nice
SkypeOut is! No mis-configurations on the receiving end possible! :)

Cheers,
Josh