Re: [tlug] Should we stop password protecting the TLUG archives?

On 18/12/05, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> How does it work technically? How do we ensure that new messages get added?

You need to create a new newsgroup. It'll have to be in the
alt.binaries hierarchy for PGP/MIME-signed messages to be accepted. I
assume you know how to do that.

Then it's a question of getting googlegroups to carry the newsgroup.

Finally, it means "subscribing" a mail2news gateway e-mail address to
TLUG so that mail sent to the group gets forwarded to the newsgroup
via the gateway.

Prepare to have the newsgroup spammed into oblivion with ads for pr0n
and the like, unless you make it a moderated group, in which case
you'll have to accept every mail to TLUG manually.

--
G. Stewart.
godwin.stewart@example.com