Re: [tlug] Google Groups

On 12/18/05, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> I'd like to hear more about Google Groups.
> Besides probable permanance and ease of maintainance,
> what are the positives of using Google Groups?
>
> Does it present threads in the same way as Google Mail?

Hi,

I can only speak about a user's point of view (I am on a mailing list
that is a google-group)

I like the fact that it is really easy to change the subscription
preference (receive all mails, receive daily digest, etc.) or search
through the archive, or the ability for non-subscribers to participate
for only a few posts.

Now it might bring along its own problems, i.e. spam-like posts from
time to time, and the fact that it is *much more* visible than the
current TLUG mailing list.

my 2 cents,

Evan