Re: [tlug] Google Groups

I'd like to hear more about Google Groups.
Besides probable permanance and ease of maintainance,
what are the positives of using Google Groups?
Now on to address Uva's question:

Uva Coder <uva.coder@example.com> wrote:

> Why don`t we consider adding the mailing list
> content to google groups?

Control.

Independently minded folks (perhaps some Linux folks) might be
wary of the terms that a proprietary service provider might have.
See http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_terms.html

I browsed Google Groups a little bit.
The "show original" link lead to what looked like quite complete
raw email as plain text (in HTML), including full headers.
That's good. Its memory (of J??? Glovers) is long:
http://groups.google.com/group/net.unix-wizards/tree/browse_frm/month/1985-09/10d20ad5df75e37a?rnum=111&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fnet.unix-wizards%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fmonth%2F1985-09%3F#doc_e77cb71aa459debf
What technical issues might there be?
Does it present threads in the same way as Google Mail?