Re: [tlug] Should we stop password protecting the TLUG archives?

Godwin Stewart wrote:

>On 16/12/05, Brett Robson <b-robson@example.com> wrote:
>

>>We might be talkiing cross purposes here, but what you are talking about
>>is a bit different to being able to google TLUG.
>>

>It's possible, yes.
>
>All I'm trying to do is debunk the myth that the list archives aren't
>already public. They are.

They are only available to people who know what TLUG is, which is quite
different to the set of people armed with google.com, by roughly a
billion times (give or take a couple of digits).

Josh says there is a lot of good stuff in there, well perhaps. Maybe the
world shouldn't be shielded from Professor Turnbull's anecdotes about
compiling packages and reminiscing about arcane conversations with his
USENET “friends”.

Brett