Re: [tlug] GPL and Linux in Dvico Tivx

    Maurod> On 2005/12/13@??:45, <Jim> wrote:
    >> Any GPL notifications? How about source code?

    Maurod> No, I could not find any!

    >> Was it on the hard drive, or can you down load the source?

    Maurod> No, actually it comes with no drive. I just downloaded and
    Maurod> loop-mounted the firmware.  But again " no GPL
    Maurod> notifications".

    >> If you have to download it, do it while you can. The files
    >> here: http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/Support/?act=LA seem rather
    >> small for Linux source code.

    Maurod> No sources in it. Only a root fs and a kernel image of
    Maurod> what looks very much like uClinux.

    >> I wonder if they linked any proprietary code with LGPL code, or
    >> better yet, GPL code.

    Maurod> I wonder too. I could not find any ..  I have my doubts on
    Maurod> wether or not this is a violation. If you use an standard
    Maurod> kernel source, I think you should be able to have your
    Maurod> proprietary modules without the need to release the
    Maurod> source. No doubt that they should include a GPL
    Maurod> notification, I think.  Anyways it seems that you are not
    Maurod> the only one that has this concern:

    Maurod> http://www.linuxaa.com/ftopic9301.html
    Maurod> http://linuxfr.org/~tgl/15241.html

Have a look at http://www.gpl-violations.org/ and see if they know
about the case and if not tell them about it. They have a good track
record getting companies to stick to the GPL rules.

Marcus

| mocm@example.com            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes                 <<<|