Re: [tlug] GPL and Linux in Dvico Tivx

On 2005/12/13@??:45, <Jim> wrote:
> Any GPL notifications? How about source code?

No, I could not find any!

> Was it on the hard drive, or can you down load the source?

No, actually it comes with no drive. I just downloaded and loop-mounted the firmware.
But again " no GPL notifications".

> If you have to download it, do it while you can.
> The files here: http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/Support/?act=LA
> seem rather small for Linux source code.

No sources in it. Only a root fs and a kernel image of what looks very much like uClinux.

> I wonder if they linked any proprietary code with LGPL code,
> or better yet, GPL code.

I wonder too. I could not find any ..
I have my doubts on wether or not this is a violation.
If you use an standard kernel source, I think you should be able to have your proprietary modules without the need to release the source. No doubt that they should include a GPL notification, I think.
Anyways it seems that you are not the only one that has this concern:

http://www.linuxaa.com/ftopic9301.html
http://linuxfr.org/~tgl/15241.html

ah! to avoid anither e-mail, NOTHING with the "d" in Maurod, Just a mistake ..

//mauro//