Re: [tlug] CentOS to Gentoo-Pros/Cons(if any)?

On 火, 2005-12-13 at 16:39 +0900, Josh Glover wrote:
> And the biggest pro, in my opinion, is that installing Gentoo *will*
> teach you something about how a Linux system really works. Especially
> if you start at Stage 1[6] your first time out!

Well, that's a pretty big pro, but to me the biggest one is that your
system will always be up-to-date. If you do
emerge -uD world
periodically, you will never have to reinstall your system (barring some
catastrophe).

I like Gentoo so much I run it on all my computers, including a 233MHz
Pentium II laptop (reemerging world takes more than a day sometime), and
an ancient PentiumPro machine that serves as my home firewall/router.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- s-luppescu <AT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  www.consortium-chicago.org