Re: [tlug] Bonenkai

On 13/12/05, Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> wrote:

> burlingk@example.com wrote:
>
> >If the ???? Is about the duty comment, I can explain.  I'm in the US
> >Navy.  My work schedule doesn't always match up with what I would like
> >to be a social life. ^_^
>
> no, you are safe, Josh typed Japanese, and it appears that it appeared
> to you as mojibake(????). Enjoy your time afloat, and stay safe. Cheers.

Mark is right. Set your email client to UTF-8 encoding, and that
mojibake should magically become... "otanoshimi ni" ("looking forward
to it"). :)

I had figured out that you were in the Navy by your "navy.mil" bit of
your email address the very first time you posted to TLUG. Thank you
for your service.

Cheers,
Josh