Re: [tlug] TLUG List Archives

On 12/13/05, Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:
On 12/6/05, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 12/6/05, Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:

>  My personal opinion is that I've said enough stupid things on the internet
> without having everything I say here  in public view for posterity...

I may be playing Devil's Advocate a bit here, but why post something
in the first place that you will be ashamed of later? I mean, other
than a momentary lapse in judgement. ;)

Because what I wrote in 1990 I can now see in 20:20 hindsight...

Not to mention the fact that in 1990 no-one really appreciated that everything you sent out on a mailing list would be around 15 years later.

On a whim, I just did a quick websearch and found one of my old mails:

> I've not been keeping up to date with Linux recently, and I've just
> tried to fetch all of Linux v. 0.12, with patches.

Beat that! ;-)  (I think I may have downloaded 0.03, in fact, but I can't prove it.)

--
Ian.