Re: [tlug] IM

Hi!

On 12.12.2005, 19:52 -0800 sjs wrote:

> I'm trying to get Yahoo Instant Messanger working. The version I
> downloaded from
> yahoo.com seems to come with its fonts and doesn't seem to have any
> kanji support.

Make sure you're not loosing your freedom in the online/IM world and use
Jabber instead of proprietary networks.

A good starting point would be www.jabber.org, especially
http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.shtml to find a nice client and
http://www.jabber.org/network/ to find a nice server -- don't worry, all
servers listed there allow connections to all other Jabber servers.

Any decent client should have no problems with character encoding. My
current favorite client is gajim (http://www.gajim.org/), but tastes
differ...

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@example.com>                      http://mr.uue.org/