Re: [tlug] Gmail and mailing lists

Scott wrote:

> Gmail ...

> If you subscribe to a mailing list, and send mail to it from gmail,
> the mail you send will not appear in your gmail inbox.

> You will see all other mail from the mailing list,
> but you will not see any mail that you send to the mailing list.

Of course, a work around would be to have two separate accounts,
one for reading, one for writing, or use some other web-based
email hoster, or run your own mail server.

Although I would not be in favor of TLUG changing its behavior
to accomodate Gmail's bug, I wonder if a slight mangling of
posted letters, such as adding +tlug-posted to the sender's email
address (left of the '@'), or adding an extra space to the end
of each line would avoid Gmail's filters. Rot13 would almost
certainly avoid Gmail's filters, but at considerable burden to
outselves. Of course, there's the obvious Message-Id. Mangling
that would break threaded readers. Like I said, I don't want TLUG
to do any mangling to workaround Gmail's bug. It's up to Gmail
to fix their bug.