Re: [tlug] GAGAIDS project, anyone?

    Botond> Depends: libart-2.0-2 (>= 2.3.16), libc6 (>=
    Botond> 2.3.2.ds1-21), libcroco3 (>= 0.6.0), libglib2.0-0 (>=
    Botond> 2.6.0), libgsf-1 (>= 1.12.1), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.6.0),
    Botond> libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.8.1), libxml2 (>= 2.6.16), zlib1g (>=
    Botond> 1:1.2.1), librsvg2-common (= 2.9.5-4)

    Botond> I don't see metacity or anything irrelevant here.

I would argue libgsf and zlib, as the VFS should handle transfer
encodings.  Maybe pango too.  Just as you see no dependencies on
libpng et al, although SVG does support inclusion of high-level image
formats.  Granted, that's probably nontrivial.  I gather the libart
dependency is going away in favor of libcairo.

    Botond> I never compiled stuff for osx, (using fink?). I guess
    Botond> somebody fucked up the package dependency for _that
    Botond> particular build system_, so I see no reason to blame the
    Botond> GNOME people in general.

I don't blame the GNOME people, but I sure am frustrated with GNOME.
It's not just Mac OS X, I've had similar problems on Debian and I've
heard Red Hat maintainers complain, too.

    Botond> Source that doesn't build shouldn't be there.

It does build on the system the maintainer has available, and on most
of the systems in the world, apparently.  It *should* build on mine.

    Botond> you already know that its not trivial to get everything
    Botond> written properly so that it would work for the first time
    Botond> on every single unix version.

Straw man.  I didn't ask for "everything" to work the first time.  I'm
asking that they not waste my time with multiple trivial defects due
to unreviewed code that doesn't comply with their own coding standards.