Re: [tlug] "TLUG, Meet Husi, Husi, Meet TLUG"

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 03:16:41PM +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> >Hopefully, this won't become a bikeshed discussion (see the FreeBSD faq
> >on freebsd.org if you don't get the reference.)  I think that most
> >members of this list know when it is and isn't appropriate to
> >cross-post.  (We also know to keep our sigs short, but what the heck,
> >some of these Buffy quotes need the space.)
> >

> I feel stupid asking, but what does:
>
> "We also know to keep our sigs short, but what the heck, some of these
> Buffy quotes need the space"
>
> - mean?  I'm wondering about "sigs" or "Buffy", or "Buffy quotes need
> the space".......

Well, that's how we learn, by asking.  In this case, sig is just short
for signature.   The rule is that your signature should be no more than
either 4 or 7 lines, I've forgotten which.  I have a Buffy the Vampire
random quote generator (which I should probably stop using as the show's
been off the air for almost 2 years and there's no new quotes).  So, in
this case, I was referring to my ignoring the netiquette rule of keeping
a signature to 4-7 lines.  The Buffy quote part simply meant that some
of the quotes, to get the context, required more than the generally
accepted number lines for a signature.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Giles: But this is why I think we should all keep a level head in
this.
Willow: And I happen to think mine is the level head and yours is
the one things would roll off of.