Re: [tlug] rikaichan

On 12/4/05, Ulrich Plate <plate@example.com> wrote:

> Speaking of extensions, there's fellow TLUGger Erwan Loisant's Mozilla
> plugin http://moji.mozdev.org that appeared sometime around Moz 0.7 or
> so, but I have no idea whether he's still actively developing {it|
> similar things}.

In the interest of saving bandwidth and being Ulrich's errand boy[1],
moji is a very similar beast. You activate the moji sidebar by
pressing Alt-M or selecting moji from the View-Sidebars section of the
menu bar, then highlight some text in the webpage and click either
"Kanji" or "Word" in the moji sidebar to perform the lookup.

It looks like it is still being actively developed, since the mozdev
page for it talks about Firefox 1.5, which ain't that old.

Todd Ruddick also might be called a TLUGger, as he has been known to
lurk here, and post  every one in a blue moon. Maybe I can convince
him to come to the bonenkai... it would be fun to talk to him about
Rikai. Or, even cooler, maybe he would be willing to do a tech meeting
presentation on Rikai one of these months. I'll shoot him an email.

Cheers,
Josh

[1] ;), in case you don't know me that well