Re: [tlug] A Rich Experiment Indeed

Michal Hajek wrote:

> Unfortunately, Josh program - using either gettimeofday() or
> clock_gettime()  - still produces "saw-ish" time signal.

Josh was addressing a separate issue.

Re-read the original analysis again, this time more slowly,
chewing 20 times before swallowing. Savor the flavor.

The "sawtooth-ish" behavior is due to the bug in your printf
format string, not ftime(3) (unless you have fixed the format
bug and really are talking about non-monotonic output from
ftime(3)).

Where I merely excerpted the juiciest part of the ftime(3) man
page, without explicitly making recommendations, Josh was
explicitly recommending what the man page said.

A rich experiment indeed