Re: [tlug] IBM R30 Laptop Issues

Mark Sargent wrote:

> [N]ot looking to[o] good. Found the Hardware Maintenance Manual for the R30,
> and it states that if the Supervisor Password is lost, there is no
> service procedure for resetting it.

There is a way.

On the issue of passwords, one expects the official manual to say
that there is not a solution.

> The board needs replacing.

Maybe it does. Maybe it does not.
I don't know, but I know how to try.

Can you put a high resolution scan of both sides of the
circuit boards on a web server? By high resolution, I mean 600
dots per inch (~25 dots per mm) or better, not mere pictures
with digital cameras. Perhaps Josh can help you with the
disassembly, scanning, and reassembly.

I might see opportunities.

> Think I'm permanently stumped.

Be an optimist.