[tlug] Moving a Subversion repository to another location

Hello all,

I've been toying with getting Subversion after Josh's presentation and (very) handy notes on getting started with subversion. One (probably really dumb) question that popped up while I've been trying to figure out a nice way to migrate the mess that I call my devel environment is: Can you just copy a subversion repository to another host using cp and friends or should I really be following the instructions in the svn handbook regarding dumping a repository, tranferring that dumped setting to a new location/host, rebuilding the repository?

I have goofed around with just copying a very small subversion repository to a different location and it seemed not to mind too much but I Got A Bad Feeling About This (tm). What's the verdict?

Alain