Re: [tlug] Hard drive failure

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:

I've always liked IBM laptops (good keyboards), but haven't heard - until now - anyone enthusiastic about them.  What models of IBM do you recommend (both new and used).  From my standpoint, I recommend year 2000 OptiPlexes (reliable, easy to service), but they're getting a bit old.....

Oops... that should have said:

"I've always liked IBM laptops (good keyboards), but haven't heard - until now - anyone enthusiastic about the desktop machines."

I've heard any number of good things about IBM's laptops - and have been the happy owner of a couple of them - it's the desktops that I'm not so enthusiastic about. Are some of the desktop machines good? I haven't found the models I've worked with/on to be.....

Lyle