Re: [tlug] FC4 & MythTV - Computer Powering Down - sort of! Frustration!!

David Bennett wrote:

I have tried removing memory, adding memory, changing slots,
reinserting everything, taking out one PCI card at a time (TV tuner
and a WinModem) but it doesn't make a difference.

You mention "removing memory" so I imagine that means taking out one of the boards, then the other, etc.? Have you tried putting in new memory from a different manufacturer? I've had some problems like that with bad memory. when it works, it works, but every once in a while it just suddenly shuts down. The three times I've had that happen (twice with Dell and once with a Hitachi), changing the memory boards fixed the problem.

Incidentally, the last time that happened, the bad Apacer (sp?) boards were replaced with used PQI boards that have been working flawlessly for about six months now.

Lyle