Re: [tlug] on 'Mechanics...' and selecting printers

On 月, 2005-10-24 at 06:45 +0900, Micheal E Cooper wrote:
> Our General Affairs was using a Canon laser that prints fine, but the
> rubber roller has tiny cracks in the surface and feels dry and hard.
> It
> just wouldn't feed anymore, so we replaced it with a cheaper model.
> Five
> years old.

You replaced the printer because the take-up roller went bad? How
extravagant! At our office we keep a large supply of HP take-up rollers
on hand just for this reason. On our HP printers the rollers get
replaced every 18 months or so.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago (^_^)/ CCSR