Re: [tlug] Is Prime PC a good enough place to buy a PC

    Uva> Perhaps a lot of it depends on personal tastes or how much
    Uva> a spouse complains about noise I suppose. It keeps my wife
    Uva> off my back, which is worth much more than the price of
    Uva> the machine. ;-)

Oh, I agree with the personal tastes.  The Macs are nice machines,
physically and as computers.  Quiet?  Definitely.  After two years of
almost daily backpacking my PowerBook G4 has picked up a fan rattle,
but it's only noticable when I'm sitting there.  The lack of drive
noises is sometimes scary, especially during the long boot up.

I just have to wonder why one would give up the Aqua standard in
return for GNOME or KDE.  The menus actually have the items I use on
them, it looks good (I especially approve of their taste in alpha
channel usage), I rarely find I want more than one button now that
Terminal.app will copy selections by DnD.  Whereas GNOME ... er, don't
get me started.  :-)