Re: [tlug] Zauruses

    Ian> Yeah, I was thinking that. 1GB cards in both SD and CF are
    Ian> cheap nowadays, and I suspect bigger ones will come along,

Probably, but it seems recently to take longer to double capacity than
it did back when these cards only had about 1/16 the capacity of
bleeding edge memory chips.

    Ian> so why have the extra bulk and battery munching that comes with
    Ian> the 3xxx series?

Portables are limited in storage space and I/O ports.  I have 1.5GB of
memory cards, all full, for the SL-700.  (But then I keep at least two
XEmacs source trees, the package tree, plus some auxiliary libraries =
~ 500MB on my Zaurus to keep me busy in compact circumstances.  Maybe
you won't find such applications for yours.  :-)

I don't know where the SL-C1000 puts its jiten stuff, but in the
SL-C700 the SD was occupied by the jiten card and the CF by either the
LAN or some other I/O card (mostly PHS now; admittedly any recent
keitai denwa does nicer digicam than that Sharp thingie, but I did use
the camera for a while).  It's also nice to be able to plug in a
memory card to transfer stuff; that doesn't work so well if you have
to juggle files back and forth across cards.

Granted the SL-C3000 has a standard USB port now which helps a lot.
Still, if I can put the memory inside, I'm willing to pay a hamburger
(hold the pickles, lettuce, mayo, and bun) worth of weight to free up
the slots.