Re: [tlug] SuSE 10

This isn't specifically responding to anything in this thread, but it's
about upgrading to SuSE 10, so I figured it might as well be in the same
tree.

Plat'Home (www.plathome.co.jp/shop/) has SuSE 10 on the shelf for
Y8,400.  I picked up a box of it yesterday and am doing an upgrade
install on a test computer as I write this.  It's on CD-2 at the moment,
going well except for one *extremely* irritating thing.  As I've
mentioned in here previously since upgrading to 9.3 from 9.1, I
sometimes do not have mouse support (PS/2 through a KVM switch) upon
boot-up, which is either remedied by rebooting (from one to six times,
usually once or twice), or plugging in a USB mouse.  I would be more
than happy to just switch to a USB mouse, except I'm using KVM switches
with no USB connections, so I need to use PS/2.  The problem I've been
having since 9.3 is with a machine on a four-machine KVM switch, but I
hadn't had any mouse support issues on another 9.3 machine running
through a two-machine KVM switch... until now.  Hopefully, the loss of
mouse support in the middle of the install (not a big issue since I can
just use the Tab key) will go away upon completion of the upgrade, but
I'm  not optimistically hopeful and expect the problem to persist.  Is
it asking too much to expect PS/2 mouse support?

Lyle