Re: [tlug] Alternatives to Spamassassin?

Hi!

On 29.09.2005, 12:05 +0900 Michael Smith wrote:
> Running spamassassin (spamd, actually) is chewing up a massive
> amount of memory on my low-memory mail/web server. Can anybody
> recommend a less resource-hungry solution?

Well, we're running amavisd-new (with spamassassin) which takes up even
more resources ;)

But what really helped to reduce the amount of spam: greylisting
(http://greylisting.org/). We are using SQLgrey
(http://sqlgrey.sourceforge.net/) for postfix. With that you reduce the
amount of email your spam checker has to deal with...

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@example.com>                      http://mr.uue.org/