Re: [tlug] Questions about specifications for some cutting edgevideo recording via laptop

    Ian> If you write two files to the same disk the FS might choose
    Ian> to put them in different locations on the disk. Thus the head
    Ian> of the drive moves forward and backward between the two
    Ian> locations as the files are written.

True, but with the buffering you should be in pretty good shape.  ISTR
that the Linux VFS is pretty good at scheduling writes, so with fast
hardware Dave might be OK.

    Ian> Streaming files will behave differently to a cp -r, hence I'm
    Ian> not sure what will happen.

You might want to use dd instead of cp in the experiment, for better
control over blocking.