Re: [tlug] Questions about specifications for some cutting edge video recording via laptop

On 9/10/05, Henri T Servomaa <r_muffin@example.com> wrote:
1. Connecting 3 DV streams on one bus is probably un-possible with
firewire.
I seem to recall an Apple article...
..yep...here:
  http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2004/qa1365.html

Actually, this gives bandwidth ballparks.  3 feeds < 320MBit/s.  That's clearly <40MByte/s and maybe <25MByte/s depending on how much of that traffic on Firewire is protocol overhead (on USB, it's surprisingly large, but I suspect Firewire is a bit better).  Bit touch-and-go with respect to disk bandwidth, I would say.  A laptop with 2 disks striped together might work...