Re: [tlug] GUI font tools

    Matt> [I] just went away for 6 days w/o e-mail.

I should do that more often.  :-)

    Matt> Gentoo configs, defoma, fontconfig, etc. ... all the
    Matt> infrastructure facilities ... will be made to support the
    Matt> interface. Or else.

Other way around.  The GUI should provide enough configurability to
support all of them, and a plug-in API for back-end shims.  Then you
do the shims for the systems you use yourself (obviously), plus one of
the majors you don't use just as your "ante".  After that, if your
interface is a real improvement (by that I mean, as opposed to just
fitting your style better) you shouldn't have to push to get the ball
rolling.