Re: [tlug] rsh from Fedora Core 4 to Solaris

2005/8/26, Dmytro Koval'ov <dmytro.kovalov@example.com>:

> can see that thour rsh connects to two different ports. Try to see
> /etc/inentd.conf on Solaris. Are both entries uncommented there? If so
> try to see if port 543 blocked somewhere.

These entries look like:
$ egrep -e "^(login|exec)" /etc/inetd.conf
login   stream  tcp6    nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.rlogind    in.rlogind
exec    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.rexecd     in.rexecd
exec    stream  tcp6    nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.rexecd     in.rexecd

P.S.> Anyway I  would comment all r* entries out and install ssh intead.

--Dmytro