[tlug] Only 32bits for Linux on UltraSparc II :(

Hi tlugers.

As a recent acquisition, I have an UltraSparc II 450Mhz.
I tried some Linux distributions, and almost all the packages are
compiled in 32bits, even Gentoo too.
I'm thinking about make some Linux from scratch and compile everything
in 64bits, but before I would like to hear from, some opinions about
the throughput.
I think that a full 64bits Linux distribution will be faster that a 32
emulated one, or maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance.

                  Pietro.