Re: [tlug] Japanese Input on CentOS / KDE

Scott,
Okay, I removed my jinput.sh file from the Autostart directory,
restarted my session, then started a kterm with the commands:
[dave@example.com ~]$ kinput2 -canna &
[1] 5519
[dave@example.com ~]$ XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2' LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.eucjp kterm
... and vi worked fine. No wacky kanji, everything worked smooth as silk.
And, by starting FireFox and Thunderbird from the command line, I got
Japanese input there too:
ここも日本語を書くことが出来るよ!
(I hope that doesn't come out as mojibake on your screen. Thunderbird
complains when I send it that it's not UTF. But at least when I type it,
it works okay.)

Okay, so it looks like something isn't kosher with the jinput.sh file,
or how it's being called. Just to verify, here are the contents:

#!/bin/sh
XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2' LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.eucjp
kinput2 -canna &

Dave