Re: [tlug] Japanese Input on CentOS / KDE

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 01:51:14AM +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> Scott,
>
>     Thank you for continuing to work through this with me.

Alright, I'm snipping what you did, as it simply duplicates what I
suggested you do.

So, let's take it from the top.

We'll remove your jinput.sh

Then we'll it as we did before.

In any terminal window

XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2' LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.eucjp kterm.

Try vi in that.  Let's see if it's a bit more normal.

If so, then, let's try Tbird or firefox.  Same thing, but replace kterm
with thunderbird (or firefox).

Let's see what results we get.  I actually got interested enough in this
to try to install FC-4 last night, but apparently, it doesn't like
something on my machine, and wouldn't boot.  A quick google didn't solve
the problem, so I let it be for now.

Oh yeah, before doing the above, let's be sure to start kinput2.  :)

The usual kinput2 -canna &

~IF~ all this works as we wish, then we'll worry about getting it to
start with KDE.

- --

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Buffy: I don't wanna' bug Giles. He's still kinda' twitchy
when it comes to the subject of Angel.

Xander: Oh, it must be that whole 'Angel killed his girlfriend and
tortured him' thing, and Giles is petty when it comes to stuff like
that.