Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Is WNN8 installed on my SuSE 9.3 machine?
- Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:24:29 +0900
- From: Joseph Essertier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Is WNN8 installed on my SuSE 9.3 machine?
- References: <42E5A2C8.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.7) Gecko/20050414
Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:Sounds like a good idea."JE" == Joseph Essertier <email@example.com> writes:JE> "man 8 jserver" ,but the response given me was "no manual JE> entry for jserver in section 8." Well, it might not be installed in that case (although I don't trust Japanese vendors to install man pages). I think you really need to get somebody to take a look at your machine.
Interesting.JE> About SuSE 9.3, there is an article in that same magazine in JE> Japanese this month that concludes that files with Japanese JE> file names are correctly displayed much more often in JE> TurboLinux than in SuSE. The problem is that until fairly recently Japanese filenames were illegal (there was no way to specify non-Japanese file names in a MIME header), so many mail programs simply ignored the rules. And now that there is a way, they continue to ignore the rules.
Thanks for the advice.
- Re: [tlug] Is WNN8 installed on my SuSE 9.3 machine?
- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Is WNN8 ins......
- Next by Date: [tlug] Website Question(s)
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Is WNN8 installed on my SuSE 9.3 machine?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Trac - minimalist issue tracker
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links