[tlug] [tlug-digest] Emacs and utf-8

The comments by Stephen and Stuart about emacs seem to imply that GNU
emacs does not support unicode. But it does--, as of course Stephen well
knows, but I wanted to clarify it lest anyone else be confused.

You just have to install the mule-ucs package, and at least for me, once
I do that (the Debian package of the same name) it works great in a
Japanese environment. I use utf-8 for everything in both emacs and other
apps, unless there is a need to go back to sjis or euc to accomodate
someone.

David Riggs, Kyoto